Saturday, March 10, 2007

small world

So Heather dragged me to the crop last night and there were a couple of women there who looked really familiar. Finally I got up the nerve to go talk to them and they were indeed who I thought they were: Astrid who worked for the library when I started in 1988 and Imelda who works at another branch and I've only met once or twice. So we had a little mini-library gossip session. Then the woman beside Astrid announces that she's a teacher-librarian! How weird... And on Wednesday night at the very cool card class there was a woman from my neighbourhood, a longtime scrapper who I hadn't seen for years.

A very small world - or at least a small town...

Fell in love with the Mary Jane Crocs today but couldn't find any in my size, sigh. Maybe I'll find some in Bellingham, what do you think?

4 comments:

Heather said...

Sometimes, it's almost scary!
You meet up with people in the most unexpected ways!

Kelli said...

You and your big feet! You could get your toes trimmed! I guess we won't have matching footwear tomorrow night at dinner.

Randi said...

Sport Chek has the Mary Janes... I have black! *wink*

Cheryl said...

How strange!

I was going to suggest Sport Chek too... (I have the black too and I almost got the green today :)