Tuesday, October 03, 2006

family

Well we're back from our whirlwind trip to my aunt & uncle's 50th wedding anniversary. It was somewhat of a family reunion as well and I met a bunch of relatives for the first time. It was great to be able to put faces to names (and finally figure out where they all fit in) and see people I hadn't seen for a long time. The family dynamics on this side are a bit 'odd'. As one of my 'cousins' (OK 2nd cousin strictly speaking) said, when she realized that her 2 grandmothers were sisters: gee that's ... weird! Yeah it is. But it makes the family genealogy a lot easier to discuss; everybody knows everybody!

The kids of this family, my cousins, are a bit younger than I am. They always used to come to our place for Christmas and the oldest one, who is my age, used to come at Easter break & summer holidays. We had so much fun together when we were kids! I don't see her very often now, but her brothers & sisters - well I think it's been since high school for one and later in the 70s for another! And they're so damn tall now!! When did that happen?!

No comments: