Wednesday, October 18, 2006

back in work mode

How can a weekend which was so much fun become a distant memory so quickly?? I even unpacked my bags (well most of them) right away, showed off my stuff. In fact I took Andrea's little flower card in to work & put it on my bulletin board to cheer me up.

Askaway is now official, the government announcement was yesterday morning right before my shift...it was brutal! The questions were flying in fast & furious. Usually there's just 2 of us on for that shift, yesterday there were 6 and many were juggling 3 & 4 questions at once. I quite hated it. And my heart was just pounding! Real 'in person' reference is so much easier. You can tell if the person is serious or joking for one; if it's a bar bet they tell you; they can see you're working on it & haven't vanished into the ether. No need for 'hello hello are u still there' and most don't have the nerve to ask rude questions in person! But it is nice to get the occasional thank you - I was even told I was 'aswome' by one grade 8 - I took it as a compliment...;)

Anyway Lost is on in an hour so I'll be off.

Oh and Audrey, I'm not having any contests so you won't be winning anything here! LOL

2 comments:

Audrey said...

What no contest! That's just fine FERN just fine with me! hmmmmphhhh

Tara said...

HA! So there, Audrey! (Psst... Fern... you can just PM the contest to everyone BUT the one-who-always-wins, AKA Audrey!)