Friday, September 29, 2006

So much for frequent posting


I've been feeling quite lousy this week, probably due to poor sleep and stress at work. But it's the weekend and I seem to have miraculously recovered! We're off tomorrow for an overnight trip - yes all 3 of us! - to my aunt & uncle's 50th wedding anniversary party/family reunion. They're not exactly my aunt & uncle, he's my mom's cousin & she was my mom's foster sister. Close enough... The picture shows them with my Mom and uncle in the 50's.

There could be 200 people there I hear, and I expect I'll know about 12 of them! I was volunteered to put together some kind of family tree which really turned out to be impossible. Instead I've made a poster with photos and run off a whole whack of family tree forms. We'll make it up as we go along!

I don't go back to work till Tuesday which is great (especially since Thanksgiving is NOT a long weekend for me). Next week is going to be a nightmare at work with the switchover to Horizon. We're all stressed out & anxious. At least on Tuesday (we're closed Monday & Tuesday) we are having a potluck and can all have lunch at the same time for a change. That part will be fun!

2 comments:

Kelli said...

I love your old picture! My dad has a bunch like that but they are of people he doesn't know.
Glad you had a good time.

Audrey said...

Family trees.... it's just one big crazy, interesting, time consuming, but fasinating cobweb LOL