Saturday, September 16, 2006

Oink!

I cannot believe how much I've eaten in the last two days! Starting last night with my birthday crop: pizza, artichoke & asiago dip, cookies, cake... And then today I went out for breakfast and then out for lunch! And leftover pizza for dinner. No wonder I feel like a blimp.

The crop last night was fun although not very many people. I didn't get a heck of a lot done. I had decided to do a mini-album for my friend who's turning 50 at the end of the month so I did get some of that started. And I brought along a couple of other LO's to work on but by that time I was too tired. I was very touched as well to get a birthday present from the store which was really kind of them. Thanks guys!

Book Club Thursday night was fun as usual, although it ended earlier than normal for some reason. 3 new people came which was great; we were 9 altogether. And I did get the book finished in time (during my dinner break that night!)

I arrived home just in time for a phone call from my cousin who is planning her parents' 50th wedding anniversary celebration in 2 weeks. She asked if I could give her a hand with a couple of things - it will also be a family reunion of sorts, with a side of the family that we don't really know. So she had the idea to have some kind of book where people could write in their memories or stories about the 7 siblings who we're descended from. I said I'd look after that. Then we started talking about creating a family tree while we're there too. Nothing too fancy, but something so that people could fill in where they fit in which line. So I was pretty pumped about that as well and said I'd look after it. But this is happening in two weeks! Aaaacckk...

So that doesn't even include the pressure at work. We're switching to a new automated system in just over 2 weeks; we've just started virtual reference; and in October the new provincial 'one card' system starts. It's going to be a stressful fall.

2 comments:

Kelli said...

Sorry I missed the crop, I heard about it from Carrie. Glad to hear you had a good time. Happy Belated birthday!

Kelli

Audrey said...

I was sorry too that I had to miss your birthday oink fest! LOL...

Welcome to the world of bloggin!