Thursday, February 14, 2008

Now playing - Robo Boot!


I am so happy! This morning I went to the ortho clinic at the hospital and they took another x-ray. There was a resident (in her first week) there too so we both learned that a fracture of the navicular like I have is very stable and does not actually need a cast. They cut off the cast and I went to pick up my Robo Boot on the way home. I can walk again! Still might need the crutches now & then but I've just been walking around the house without them today. I took Greg out to the Haven for Valentine's lunch to celebrate. He still has to be my chauffeur though; I can't drive.

So back to work for me tomorrow. I can't believe how excited I am. Not sure I would have survived 6-8 weeks in a cast. Or how the rest of the family would have managed being my servant for that long!

Spending the rest of the evening watching Lost and Eli Stone. Oh we watched a few good movies lately: Sixteen Blocks, Keeping Mum, and Across the Universe.

2 comments:

Kelli said...

I was very happy Lost wasn't a repeat and I'm really enjoying that Eli Stone. He's quite cute too.
Good to hear you can move around! Probably see you tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Your foot looks like something from a James Bond movie now. Are you sure there isn't a hidden knife or something under it? By the way, "knapp" means button.