Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Last Day in New York




Well it's been a blast but I guess I'm ready to go home. Today I'm really tired. We went on a 4.5 hour comedy cruise last night. The comedians were mostly very funny but the 2 hours beforehand trapped on a boat with poundingly loud & unfamiliar music with only about 6 people older than us - well that was a bit much.

But otherwise it's all been great. I saw lots of things I didn't get to last year: Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, Macy's,Time Square, Tony Bennett at Radio City Music Hall (which is absolutely enormous!), the Metropolitan Museum of Art and the Cloisters, and the United Nations. Tonight we plan to go up the Empire State Building. I've had a ton of dinners out, several cosmo's and done lots of shopping. Gee no wonder I'm tired!

This time tomorrow I'll be en route to Montreal, then Vancouver, then home to Kelowna by evening. And a day of rest before going back to work on Friday. Oh and I've taken about 300 pictures since I left home!!

3 comments:

Kelli said...

Yeah Fern!
Can't wait to see the cute album you make from your trip!

Anonymous said...

Sounds (& looks!) like you had a great trip... can't wait to see all the pics and hear all about it!

Audrey said...

only 300 I take that many in a weekend of camping LOL...

glad you've enjoyed your trip!