So Greg is shutting down his computer business at the end of this month. This is the news I got when I got home from my trip! He has to be out by the end of the month. He's been trying to sell it with no luck so he's just packing it in. (His rent was being dramatically increased.)
What he plans to do is auction off his remaining stock and also get rid of all of our junk at home at the same time. He's not hiring an auction company but is looking for an auctioneer wannabe and some people to help out at this gala event which is going to take place over 2 or 3 days next week (I know, short notice isn't it?). Wednesday through Friday I think.
He also plans to auction off some stuff as a fundraiser for the food bank (which is right across the street from his shop) and was wondering whether any of my scrapping buddies might want to help out by putting in a few hours or donating any works of art, the proceeds of which would go to the food bank, or to another charity of your choice.
So I know I'll be spending the next several days in the basement sorting through all the boxes of stuff down there and wishing I were still in a foreign country ;) But if anybody is willing to give us a hand, just let me know. Thanks!
Tuesday, September 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I've got shirvers just thinking about it! I would love to help you... unfortunately, next week is pretty full. I know I would be available on Monday from about 2pm onwards, including evening. Tues is out, Wed is out, Thursday I get my braces on in the am, so depending on how I'm feeling, i could help out for the afternoon. Friday is out.
So, if you can use me on Monday aft/eve, and/or thurs, depending how I feel, I'd be happy to help out with prep.
It's going to be so nice for you to have your basement back!
I can help you Fern... give me a call or whatever and let me know...
Post a Comment