Wednesday, September 05, 2007

another year older and deeper in debt



So you know how the Scandinavian countries have a reputation for being expensive? Well I'd never really bought into that before - probably because I never go out to eat while I'm here, and I don't usually buy much of anything.

Well this time I did eat out. Heidi and I went for a fabulous sushi dinner last night. It was soooo good! A sushi sashimi combination, not a huge amount, but enough. We also had dessert, Heidi had a 'banana split', I had a chocolate pineapple cake - both beautifully presented - and a beer and coffee each. The bill was nearly $200 for the 2 of us!! At home it would probably have been about $45 each. So that was a shock...but an excellent meal!

I've also bought a few things - a couple of books, a pair of earrings, some other little stuff. After I get through the dutyfree shop I hope I have enough to get some shoes in New York! which reminds me I'd better do some online banking...

Heidi and I had spent the afternoon at the Folkmuseet (folk museum) which is an open air museum containing about 250 old buildings which come from all over Norway and have been rebuilt on this site. It's in the same part of town as the Viking Ship Museum, Kon-Tiki, Fram etc. The last time I was at the Folk Museum it was raining so today instead was a beautiful day.




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Fern,
I just want to wish you a very happy birthday!!!
And I'm impressed that your blog is updated already with the pictures from the Folkemuseet.

Kelli said...

Happy Birthday!

And you only live once so go wild!!!

Dawn said...

sounds & looks like you're having a great time! good for you! and how lucky is holly to get to miss the first 2 weeks of school!

miss you!
dawn

Dawn said...

oopppsss. I took one of the "Heidi"s for a "Holly"... thus my confusion....

Audrey said...

yes holy crap on the price... but you know your worth it right!