
...because it's so damn cold! Otherwise it doesn't look anything like Christmas at my house. This picture is from last year - our tree is not up yet. I was hoping maybe tonight, we'll see.
I did receive 2 Christmas presents in the mail today which was nice. I only sent mine out today (would have been earlier but I had a large brain fart at the post office & mis-addressed the presents, using unreturnable Expresspost envelopes. Two of my friends will be receiving no-occasion parcels at some point this year...)
Greg and I braved the roads and went to Costco today. I had taken the day off not even realizing it was going to be a snow day. On the way home we were driving behind somebody going 30 kmh along Benvoulin so we stopped in at the SPCA. Big mistake. Saw a lovely little dog in there, she was just a sweetie. But I DO NOT WANT ANOTHER DOG! Just give my head a shake & forget about it... I'm such a softie.
Two parties this weekend which is quite remarkable, both with neighbours so no driving involved. I'm looking forward to them although one of them involves people I haven't seen for so long I've forgotten half their names. I'm sure I can fake my way through it...
So I have not finished Christmas shopping, only sent out a very few cards (and they weren't handmade) and don't plan on baking. Holly's birthday is on Tuesday and she hasn't decided what she wants to do. Sometimes I feel bad that we don't 'do' holidays very well.
Oh and I've booked a trip to NYC for mid-February - perhaps my last chance while Mark still has his job at Goldman Sachs... Looking forward to that very much. I'll just have to try not to shop much, with the dollar being as low as it is.
1 comment:
I put up my fake trees...but no decorations on em yet. Not sure how festive my house will get this year?
It's all about who you are with anyway!
Post a Comment