Sunday, March 02, 2008

Not too broken to shop

Well my friend Kelly was in town and she and I spent yesterday together. We haven't seen each other for awhile - and because we're getting on, we can't remember how long it's been! But probably a couple of years. So we went out for breakfast and then shopping. We did most of our shopping at Suzanne's at the Capri Mall. Not like I'm getting a commission or anything, but the woman who manages that place is amazing. She just looks at you, knows what size you need in what brand, is constantly finding things for you to try on, AND remembers your name. That's excellent customer service. So between there and a couple of other stores, we did quite well for ourselves! And nearly everything was on sale. I'm very happy to have clothes to wear again.

We were going to get somebody to take our picture but forgot. Kelly is "buff" (to quote her!) and I'm down 17 pounds so we're very pleased with ourselves, not having looked so good for quite a few years. Once I get this thing off my foot I can start my quest to become buff myself.

And today Holly and I hope to go to the mall and do some shopping for her.

In other news, something very good is going to be happening at work soon but I can't say what it is Mark because then everybody will know and it's a secret still. But believe me, we will be very happy!

3 comments:

Heather said...

i am glad you sucess shopping! Glad you had with your friend. Hope shopping went well with Holly?

Heather said...

Whoa...my screen is al wonky...crap...hope you can fill in the blanks???

Dawn said...

CONGRATULATIONS!

You deserve every spankin' new piece in your wardrobe... looking forward to seeing the new skinny you!!

have a great week,
dawn