Sunday, March 09, 2008

Whiny

That's how I'm feeling this morning. But I'm also a little smarter at the same time as it appears feeling this way can be spelled either whiny or whiney.

Anyway I'm just unhappy with my foot. I figured that by now it wouldn't hurt at all, but it still does. Perhaps pain is too strong a word but it's certainly uncomfortable, even as soon as I wake up in the morning, which is why this morning I'm still lying in bed feeling sorry for myself. When I did hobble into the kitchen to make myself a chai latte I had a cramp all the way up my leg. But I go back to the specialist in less than 2 weeks and maybe by then it'll be much better. It's not the broken part that hurts - it's the rest of it!

I was out yesterday morning, to WW and then out for breakfast & shopping with my friend Georgia so I may have overdone it a bit. Bought a new pair of pants to replace the ones I'd bought last weekend which had split up the side when I bent over to put on my roboboot!

And now everyone knows that EGTB has handed in her resignation: she's moving across the country to head up another library. The staff are all quietly happy. Of course who knows who her replacement will be! Hopefully my predecessor will not be trying to come back. I think the staff in my department are all pretty happy right now and I'd like to keep it that way.

later...a side note. I just realized that today would have been my father's 103rd birthday! Talk about coming from old parents...

2 comments:

Heather said...

Everyone is entitled to feel sorry for themselves once in amhile. Sorry you foot/leg is giving you grief.

I sure it all works out well with the new changes at work.

Dawn said...

I'm sorry your recovery is so frustration... and you can't even do the dance of joy over the good changes at work!

can you do the hobble of joy?