Monday, July 30, 2007

Countdown begins

Well with less than a month to go I guess I should start doing some thinking & planning for my trip. I'm taking a milk run to Oslo for my cousins' reunion (søskenbarn-treffet in Norwegian) on September 1st. Since I was planning to go to New York this spring, and had already booked my Aeroplan flight before hearing about the Norway thing, I'm combining both holidays. But it means I'm spending the day of Aug 28th flying from Kelowna-Toronto-New York (arriving around 10 pm) and then turning around and flying out to Oslo at 8:15 the next night. I arrive in Oslo nearly 48 hours after leaving home!!

But then I have a week in Norway, flying back to New York on the 6th (the day after my birthday) until the 12th...no way was I flying on September 11th! I'm sure I will have a great time and I'm looking forward to seeing all my cousins again. But maybe once I turn the calendar to August it will all seem a bit more 'real'!

4 comments:

Audrey said...

oh man THAT sounds like FUN!!!!!

Dawn said...

you are one lucky little globe trotter! very exciting!

Kelli said...

Sounds like a great trip! I'm sure you'll bring back lots of wonderful pictures to scrap!

Heather said...

How exciting, Fern!
I am sure the time will pass quickly.