Tuesday, May 29, 2007

where have all the bloggers gone

Well it seems everyone's deserting their blogs and spending all their time on Facebook instead. I blame my addiction on Vivian - when she invited me on there a couple of months ago I said, no no I'm not interested, let's just stick to email. But of course at the time I had to register to see what she had written to me. So then one of Greg's nephews found me, we chatted, and the next thing I know I'm addicted. (so addicted I didn't realize I'd already posted about this!)

In other digital news, Askaway wasn't half bad today. Still busy busy but not so bad that I had to send out calls for help. The kids were all polite and there were even a few interesting questions. One really funny one, there was a class I guess who were doing an air band, and this group was being Diana Ross & the Supremes. This one kids wanted info on them which I sent, then s/he suddenly said 'oh I remember they turned into the Temptations and 2 of them were shot'. Riiiiiggghhtt. Sorry kid I think you've gotten confused there.

Speaking of music, Holly has an English assignment where she has to find a song, bring a recording of it and the lyrics to class & discuss the poetic devices in it. She's doing Billy Joel's "We Didn't Start the Fire".

No picture-taking, no scrapping, but I did go for a walk this morning. Going to try to get back into that routine. Otherwise things are pretty boring. Think I'll go to bed early...

3 comments:

Heather said...

Oh Fern! I thought I could count on you? I am not going to Facebook. And yes, I have been tardy with my Blogging. I have had such a busy weekend with friends and new dogs. No wi Have a busy week at work. I promise I will make the time to update my Blog. Cool choice on Billy Joel! She'll get an A+. Call you later.
H

Marina Garrison said...

Fern, you're just not looking in the right place. My blog is still going strong:
www.hamersleyfamily.com/studio/

Dawn said...

Thanks for setting a good example FERN!

p.s. I forgot to mention that I'm lookign forward to meeting the famous AM next week!!