Yesterday was my first day as Acting Branch Head (EGTB's last day was Friday). And the day started off with a phone call from the RCMP about a threat made from a library computer. I told the person on Reception to forward the call to HQ. The Executive Director is the only person who can allow information to be given out about people using the library. A few minutes after that, another RCMP officer comes in the building, wanting similar information. Once again I referred him to HQ (and he was not a happy camper!). The Director was in a meeting in Vernon so there was much to-ing and fro-ing between management, her, and the RCMP and the curiosity was killing me but I never heard anything more.
This afternoon on Castanet I saw this story:
Threatening email leads to arrest
by Kevin Berar - Giant FM - Story: 38549
Apr 8, 2008 / 3:40 pm
The South Okanagan Secondary School in Oliver and nearby elementary schools were in lock down Monday due to an email threat.
Staff at S.O.S.S received an email from an unknown individual saying they were a student at the school and were going to bring a gun and shoot everyone in their path and then shoot themselves.
S.O.S.S notified Oliver RCMP, who investigated and arrested a homeless 33-year-old Kelowna man.
The man admitted to sending the threatening email, as well as a second email to a school in Westbank.
The man faces two counts of uttering threats and remains in custody pending a psychological evaluation.
So happy to see the library doesn't come into it at all (at least until I posted this!) but still very curious (and wondering if this is somebody we'll recognize!)
Tuesday, April 08, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
People suck! What kind of weird-o does those things? And from the library to boot?
was it mark?
hahaa!!! I was totally going to ask if it was Mark.
(was it?)
Post a Comment