Well I'm just such a busy beaver these days. Since EGTB left I've been acting branch head which has been kind of fun, and kind of a pain in the butt. There's nothing like just starting one job and then a few weeks later getting appointed to another one as well. So I'm trying to do both, neither one very well I think. But since there was no training for either one, I don't feel too responsible. I'm just muddling along as best I can.
This past Saturday (you know, that day when we woke up in mid-April to SNOW!) we had organized, in conjunction with the local genealogy group, an 'ask a genealogist' day. It was pretty successful I'd say and I'm sure that if it weren't for the weather we'd have had even more people. Lots of fun though.
Wednesday this week the BC Book Prizes Tour will be here in town. The 4 authors and one illustrator will be doing readings at the library in the evening. I don't expect much of a turn-out for that. The Book Prizes people were supposed to do the PR and I haven't seen a thing. So the Friends of the Library had sent some stuff out; we'll see if it has any effect. I have low expectations but there's not much work involved either.
Of course I screwed up a few things in the preparation for both these events, but what the hey, I didn't know!
Other than work I don't really have a life these days. Very looking forward to the scrapbooking retreat in a couple of weeks and then a couple of weeks after that I'm off to Vancouver for the Canadian Library Association conference. In between my friend Marjory will be in town. So I guess I will have a social life in May. By then I'd really like to think we'd have a new branch head but I won't hold my breath.
Speaking of which, EGTB did not clean out her office when she left; you should see all the stuff in there! Everything from soup to nuts (and that's practically the literal truth...)
Monday, April 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
The 'cleaning out the office' thing give me the creeps.
I'm sure all your stress will pay off in the end.
Well, you have the right attitude that's for sure!
You can't do much more than what you are already doing.
Glad to hear May will be a bt more sociable for you. Me too! See you soon.
Post a Comment