Tuesday, February 06, 2007

The high price of health

Whew, went to the naturopath today. Initial visit, just talking and filling in a huge long medical history form, was $95.00! Next on the list: 3 tests which will cost nearly $300 in total. Follow-up appointments are apparently $45 a pop. Yikes! Our extended health plan only covers up to $200 maximum for the year. What to do, what to do... Makes you appreciate the good old Canadian health care system that's for sure. But sometimes the pill-pushing GP just isn't the place to go, so then it's time to go alternative.

Went to see Dreamgirls last night. It was good but I'm embarrassed to admit that I didn't realize it was a musical. Like I knew there would be a lot of 'numbers' but not that people would be bursting into song at the drop of a hat. That one song that Jennifer Hudson sings that is really powerful and emotional but goes on and on forever... One of my friends had to go to the w.c. and make a phone call and couldn't believe the song was still being sung when she got back! We had a great dinner at Earl's first - I had the bento box which was delicious - and a margarita. Everyone in town seemed to be there before going to the Barenaked Ladies (would have loved to see them again too...)

Anyway then came home and Greg and I ended up watching a very quirky movie on TV till midnight so today I was wiped and am presently in bed (8:15 pm). I SHOULD be feverishly trying to get Emma read by Thursday but let's face it, it's not happening. I think this will only be the 2nd time in my book club history that I don't get the book read, kind of bad for the leader but there you go. It's a glorified Harlequin romance anyway... Who picks these books? oh yeah that would be me!

Friday night some of us are going for drinks after work but there's also a crop at the store so I'm trying to decide what to do. As my co-worker said oh yeah have a couple of drinks and then drive to Westbank, sounds sensible. Geez it doesn't have to be alcohol!

Enough blathering for tonight. A la prochaine!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Um... OK, so why is there even a discussion??? Crop, baby! With prizes and (homemade) angel food cake!!

Kelli said...

What Tara said! Crop! Me and H. will be there with bells on.

Thanks for the heads up on Dreamgirls, I didn't know about the musical thing either.
Have you considered just changing doctors? We did the naturalpath route with E. ezcema and other things and he was almost as bad as the pill pusher we had, now we love our 'regular' dr.

Audrey said...

Great to see you had your priorities!

PS LOVED your hair!