Monday, November 27, 2006

it was red

Well I made it out to the retirement place this morning for my little talk. I'd been fretting all weekend about the driving but it was fine. And the meeting was fine too, very informal and quite fun. And yes the lunch was quite good too, including the jello...

I spent part of this afternoon counting up the statistics for the 'typical week survey'. The provincial government wants a public library survey done once a year and last week was the week. Good thing it wasn't this week or the numbers would have been even lower than they normally are. We don't understand how they pick the dates they pick - they couldn't pick a deader time if they tried.

However if I hadn't had stats to count this afternoon I don't know what I would have done; there wasn't exactly a huge crowd in the library today!

Oh I forgot - we've been collecting things for the troops for the last month or more, toiletries, food, books etc etc. Well on Sunday somebody helped themselves to all the food & toiletries and left only the books & frisbees in the box. And the food bank is only 2 blocks away - why they needed to steal this stuff is beyond me. Grrrr

Safe driving in the snow everybody...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The nerve of some people! Stealing from the donation box is LOW!

I will pop in one day soon, Fern... as an avid reader, I am completely ashamed to say that I've never been to Kelowna's library.

What's a good time to visit??

Have a good week!

Anonymous said...

Man, those dirtbags! I sure hope they really needed that stuff.

I love the library but we are too lazy to drive in to town, so we usually just go to the one on the westside.

Plus there's that little issue of money I owe.... :)

Anonymous said...

People never cease to amaze me! And not always in good ways.

Info Goddess said...

Tara, or anyone else who makes the trip in - Usually the best time (for me) is a Thursday when I work 1-9 and it's dead quiet in the evenings. Except on book club day of course (2nd Thursday of the month)

Anonymous said...

Who knows, maybe they needed it too?? You never know. But, yes, people amaze me.