Tuesday, November 28, 2006

false alarm

I found out today that not everything from the troops' box had been stolen. It had been put in another librarian's office for safekeeping when people were SPOTTED helping themselves. So yes people are jerks but we were prepared!

Hey somebody's coming from the Capital News tomorrow to take a photo and do a story that follows up on the one in the paper a couple of weeks ago - a fellow doing reno's on a house found some old (1897) letters & other stuff in this old house. Well a regular patron came in and had found the marriage registration for these people. Then between the two of us we found out who their children were, who they married, and from there she tracked down the descendents. So I guess there might be something in the paper in the next week or so. It was pretty cool...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's really neat about the letters and you finding the family.

Dawn said...

Very good news about the non-theft!!

And look at you -- local celebrity!!

May I have your autograph??? Good job Fern!!