


Holy cow am I ever wiped! I have new respect for people who spend all day on their feet after 4 hours as a greeter at the library for International Literacy Day. We had the Kelowna Firefighters, including the Fire Chief, the Mayor, and other various local celebrities reading to kids. Cuban Fire, a trio who comes in to the library daily every summer when they're here playing on the Fintry Queen, played for us at 10 a.m. Firemen helped the kids with the scavenger hunt and we gave out a lot of prizes. The Courier had a pallet of books donated for their Raise a Reader Day later this month and they donated some of those books to us - enough that every child who came in got a free book to take home! It was lots of fun but totally exhausting. I guess this was the first big event that we've done since I became branch head and it seemed to be a success although frankly I was expecting more people to be there. Bigger and better next year!!
2 comments:
We were right there at Opus and didn't even come in. Glad it went well.
Sounds like a great day! The lady in the photo drumming - I think her name is Judy? Isn't she amazing? I went to a field trip at the museum last year with grade fours and she did a storytelling workshop and was incredible!
Post a Comment