Well I had a great weekend, spent time with some wonderful women...
Friday after work the traffic was so bad, with one lane of the bridge being closed, that it resulted in total gridlock all over town. So I went for a drink with Pat. We went to Rose's Pub for awhile; no one else from work came over, and then we wandered through the Arts & Life Festival for awhile. It was a beautiful evening; we sampled some fantastic curry and salad dressings.
Saturday Holly was going to a birthday party so I took her to PC Bang to buy some computer time for the birthday boy. Then we went back downtown to the above-mentioned Arts & Life Festival and got henna tattoos! I would take a photo, but mine particularly is so pale it's hardly visible. After I dropped her off at home I went to meet my cousin Nita at Michael's. She lives in Robson so I hadn't seen her since last year some time. We wandered through the stores a bit and then had supper at Cactus Club. She is such a sweetheart - brought me a box of chocolates and a little card marking the 4th anniversary of my Mom's death. I learned that her son is 30 years old! How the heck is that possible when we're barely 30 ourselves?!?
Sunday everybody at my house slept in (well except me of course) so eventually I went out for coffee with Georgia, did a couple of errands (ok buying makeup & bras...) and then we went in to work for a couple of hours. Some fun eh? Actually it was really good, and useful to be able to ask her stuff. My friend Marjory from library school came up so she called when she got to town and we went out for a light & early dinner at Earl's. I only see her about once a year as well so we had a lovely visit.
No breakfast in bed on Sunday, but instead after I got home again and into my pj's, Holly made me a bedtime snack of really awesome scrambled eggs with cheese, toast, banana & ice cream and water with lime.
And I got an email from my friend Ruth in Australia so I had a wonderful time (re)connecting with many of my favourite female friends & family. You go girls!
Monday, May 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Ha! Barely 30! Ha! I know what you mean...I must have been like 9 when I had Jer?!
So happy you connected with ll your friends...that's a great way to spend the weekend!
Sounds like a very nice way to spend the weekend!
Post a Comment