Saturday, November 10, 2007

more on the dog of course




Greg and I just took Myla up the hill between us and Crawford Estates. It's a beautiful sunny day (after this morning's little rainstorm) but windy as anything, especially up there. Myla got to meet a few other dogs and we learned that although she doesn't listen very well, she is at least very friendly & polite with them. And she doesn't always have a sad face!

Last night's crop was lots of fun. I didn't get much done (but what else is new?) but we had some awesome sushi, which Greg and I finished polishing off earlier today, and lots of laughs.

I certainly needed it after that crappy day I had at work yesterday. It was 'take a train to work' day (really) and there was a complete railroad set downstairs in the prime location for all the noise to come directly up to the Reference Desk. The fellow who was running it was hard of hearing so he spent the whole day TALKING IN A REALLY LOUD VOICE TO EVERYONE EXPLAINING HOW IT WORKED AND BLOWING THE WHISTLE. I thought I was going to go out of my mind. I finally asked EGTB to get him to keep his voice down (at 4:00) so things did improve after that. At one point while he was doing his noisy talk & whistle, there was a guy having a loud conversation on his cell phone to my left and a quiet-voiced young woman in front of me whom I could hardly hear. Then when I went to put a book on hold for her the computer crashed. I nearly lost it at that point. I was this close to standing at the top of the stairs and shrieking 'This is a f*ing library for God's sake - everybody SHUT UP!'

But I didn't.

1 comment:

Heather said...

I am sorry you had one of those days. But, truly it was great entertainment listening to you tell us about it.

Sushi was FAB! Thanks for a fun night.

I didn't get anything done either!