Monday, December 25, 2006

Merry Christmas one and all!

We're having a great day...I know it's only 2:30 but Greg's into the wine & I'm into the Baileys. Claire is over and she and Holly are on the computer - doing what I'm not sure. Quake 4?? Lots of presents all round, and a big feed of french toast for breakfast (plus a little of the chocolate from the stockings).

So the SPCA called me on the 23rd wondering if we could foster a sick kitty over Christmas. Well of course and uh-oh for me, it was love at first sight. I don't think this kitty is going back...

I've never had a long-haired cat before, he's actually quite a tiny guy under there. His name is Smokey and he's the most affectionate bundle of love I've ever met. Vespers & Timmy know he's downstairs but they won't meet till he's not contagious anymore (5 days without sneezing).

Holly had her birthday party on Saturday, a very slow lunch at Red Robin and then to see Eragon. She had a good time. I had a good time sitting in the coffee place drinking my chai and reading People while they went to the movie. The restaurant staff had her stand on her chair, introduced her to all the diners and sang the birthday song. She tried to hide under her hoodie as you can see!

We're having the neighbours over tonight (Claire's family) for wine & snacks. They had their dinner yesterday; we have ours tomorrow so it works out well.

I hope you're all having a wonderful Christmas!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to Holly!

Sounds like you are having a great time, Bailey's and all.