I've just come home from a couple of days in Victoria - where there is no snow, but there are pansies, blossoming cherry trees and rhododendrons!! I couldn't believe it. So sad to come back to our 6 inches of snow which still remains in the backyard.
I was at a BCLA Leadership conference, just a one day thing, but it was really good. The speakers were Ken Roberts & Daphne Woods from the Hamilton Public Library. It was a very entertaining presentation, lots of food for thought. Plus I got to meet some interesting people & catch up a bit with a couple of friends from library school. And the food was fantastic!
On Thursday I leave for New York and just discovered that my flight from here is at 6:00 a.m. - what the heck was I thinking?!? I didn't even know the airport was open at that time. I have to phone the airporter bus to reserve a pick-up (I hope it's not too much before 5!) Last time I travelled in the winter - when I went to Puerto Vallarta last January - the bus came at some ungodly hour and got stuck in our driveway. I hope that doesn't happen again.
Mark and I have an action packed few days planned: Friday night we're going to see Phantom; Saturday (Valentines Day) to hear jazz at Lincoln Center; and Sunday we're going to a Flamenco performance. Plus there are associated dinners before or after all the above. When I said to him not to let me shop (since the dollar is so low) he agreed I would be limited to Lindt chocolate and shoes. I'll try to control myself.
I'm also going to try to pack light - even to be able to just have carry-on luggage would be awesome. The weather seems pretty variable but I guess I'll just assume it'll be pretty much like here.
So - only 3 days of work this week. And only 3 next week as well. After that February is pretty much over. And then it'll be spring... at least that's my hope!
Saturday, February 07, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment