Monday, January 19, 2009

Photos can be a bad thing

Last week I brought home several envelopes & boxes of photos that were in the children's librarian's office. These photos were taken by her predecessor who must have spent untold amounts of library money on developing 2 copies of every picture of every child who ever came to a storytime in our library. What the heck for?! (One copy went to the child I assume; the other sat in its envelope for years.) I brought home a grocery bag full of pictures (and that was only a small portion of what was there) and came away with about a 5" pile of pictures that were worth keeping (because they were of staff!). And many of those were duplicates as well. All the rest of them are going in the garbage.

I know, it goes against a scrapbooker's grain to do that, but what else are we going to do with them? It floors me to think of what a waste that was. And of course it ties in with the digital camera requested for that department from our Friends, which I bought last summer, and which has never been used because the shutterbug had already left - and the library already had a camera anyway!

Aaaghh!

Speaking of cameras, my broken one was going to cost $175 to replace the lens so that won't be happening. I'm now shopping for a reasonably priced camera with a good zoom (6x +) for when I go to NYC in three weeks.

Oh and also on the photography topic - in a couple of days some people from our union are coming to town to interview 3 of us (on video) to make some promotional videos, ads, etc. Unfortunately they're not bringing a makeup team...

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Good for you getting rid of them - sometimes I think whoever thought up the whole "doubles for *insert cheap amount*" thing should be shot.

Dawn and I could probably zip down and do your make up - we're awwwwwesome at it ;)

Sorry about the camera.