Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Time Flies


I guess it's 'cause I'm now on the downside of 50 but time goes by so quickly it scares me. The days turn into weeks turn into months before I know it. Right now I feel like I just got home from work and I can already start thinking about going to bed (or at least it's way too late for a nap!)

Found this old picture from the late 70's when we girls had a 'tea party' one afternoon at Lynda's house. We all dressed up like ladies and had tea (and I think Tom Collinses) outside on Lynda's parents lawn. I think I'll have to edit this post to put this picture side by side with the one from a couple of weeks ago in our vintage clothes! To see how well we've aged?!

Things at work are going from bad to worse. Oh I shouldn't say that - I'm perfectly happy! But librarians are dropping like flies. One of them, who's been off sick most of the last 6 months, is probably going on extended leave. One of the Salmon Arm librarians is retiring so our only remaining librarian may get her job and leave us totally librarianless (except for the children's librarian and me). It's unreal, there's been more movement in the last year than there's been in the 20 years I've been there. I tried to convince our Executive Director to come down to do some shifts this morning but she says she'd require so much training she wouldn't be worth the effort.

Holly and I are going back to the coast next Friday for a few days. Flying down this time - I got an excellent rate with Air Canada for some unknown reason. We're staying in Steveston, at least for the first couple of days. I've booked us into the Steveston Hotel for 2 nights but I was afraid it might be too noisy so I didn't reserve longer. I'm amazed at how few Steveston B&B's there are listed on the Web - there must be more! My friend Mark (NYC) will be in town that weekend so we'll get together with him at some point.

At the rate I'm going our departure will feel like it's in about 36 hours instead of a week & a half - better start getting organized!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Dawn said...

AWESOME photos!
Have a great time with Holly!
Hope to see you soon!

Tara said...

That's cool Fern... you guys look great (both then and now!). Have a nice trip with Holly to the coast!