My friend Ruth used to say that to me whenever possible on the first of the month - it's accompanied of course by a pinch & a punch on the arm. Drove me nuts. Ruth, if you're still reading my blog - take note!
It's a rainy day here in Kelowna. Yesterday was still warm and sunny but I spend most of it inside - sleeping! What a waste of the little sunshine we've been getting this spring, but I've been feeling kind of dizzy and headachey the last few days so sleeping sounded like a good idea. Probably allergies.
Had a good time in Vancouver; the conference sessions I went to were really good. The kinds of ideas that you can get all excited about until you realize that with your library budget & staffing, there isn't a hope in hell of doing those things. However you can still keep it in the back of your mind. The physical set-up of the conference was not good though. The trade show was spread out all over the place. The one exhibitor I was looking for was hidden away at the far end of a hallway. I felt sorry for them. And - get this - there was no coffee!!! It was provided only on the first morning. After that, nothing. Lunch came in brown paper bags: a sandwich, juice box and piece of fruit (trying to take you back to your childhood I guess) with cookies after for dessert. Really weird.
Last Saturday the sun finally came out in Vancouver and Georgia and I had a nice walk down by the water and up & down Denman Street. Didn't do very much shopping: I got a pair of walking sandals & a cheap leather purse. A couple of good dinners...
The usual crazy busy at work. Finally the temporary branch head position was posted. It closes on Thursday so we'll see what happens. There could be a problem with the fall-out of that; I'm not sure we have enough staff to fill everything which will keep us in the same bind we're in now.
I used to keep a 'real' diary in the 80s and I still have most of them. It was very bizarre, yesterday I looked through the one from 26 years ago. I can't believe what an active social life I had in those days. It was a pretty rare evening when I sat at home alone. I can't even imagine having the energy now to keep up with that lifestyle. I certainly never had a day when I never got out of my pj's! Speaking of which, maybe I'll get dressed soon...
Sunday, June 01, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment